In Indiana, the General Election will be Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022. Polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Also, you may vote absentee in-person starting Oct. 12 at the Madison County Government Center ("The Courthouse") during regular business hours.
Before You Vote
Register to vote or check your voting status any time at www.IndianaVoters.com no later than Oct. 11, 2022 when the voter registration period ends. Make sure your name and address is correct.
What you need to register:
- Have a valid Indiana Driver's License or Indiana State Identification Card.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next general, municipal or special election. (A 17-year-old may register and vote in the primary election if the voter turns 18 on or before the next general or municipal election.)
- Have lived in your precinct for at least 30 DAYS before the next general, municipal, or special election.
- Not currently imprisoned after being convicted of a crime.
If you have a legitimate reason, you may vote by mail with an absentee ballot mailed to your home. You must fill out an absentee ballot application and mail it to the Madison County Circuit Court Clerk's office. They must receive your completed application by mail or hand-delivered no later than Oct. 27, 2022.
- ABS-MAIL: Application for Absentee Ballot
- Solicitud de Voto en Ausencia por Correo Unicamente (ABS-POR CORREO)
By Traveling Board
If you are a confined voter, a voter caring for a confined person at a private residence, or a voter with disabilities, you may vote an absentee ballot before a two-person voter board at your residence or place of confinement. The traveling board consists of two persons, each representing the Republican party and Democrat party, respectively. Oct. 20, 2022 is the first day voters may vote by traveling board.
Early Voting at Satellite Locations
In addition to the Madison County courthouse, starting Oct. 24, voters will be able to cast their ballots two weeks prior to Election Day at satellite locations to be announced by the circuit court clerk’s office.
The satellite voting center locations will be open from Monday, Oct. 24 through Saturday, Nov. 5, 2022 at these times:
- Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Two Saturdays (Oct. 29 & Nov. 5), 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Two Sundays (Oct. 30 & Nov. 6), closed
Election Day Vote Centers
Madison County plans to use 30 vote center locations for Election Day 2022. Hours for voting will be 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Locations to be announced by the circuit court clerk’s office.
Indiana Code 3-11-18.1-6 requires one vote center per 10,000 active voters. All locations must comply with ADA standards, as required by IC 3-11-18.1-4.